Born out of the contentious debate over same-sex marriage, the religious discrimination bill was always going to attract its fair share of attention. The Morrison government has now released two drafts of the bill and, based on the response from a broad array of groups, appears no closer to finding the right balance.
- Human rights legislation a better option than Australia’s proposed religious freedom reforms, say lawyers
- Scott Morrison urged to prioritise religious freedoms
- Religious discrimination bill will create an unholy mess
- ‘Christians are not victims’: church leader slams religious freedom bill
- Sydney Anglicans, religious schools declare support for Latham discrimination bill