Born out of the contentious debate over same-sex marriage, the religious discrimination bill was always going to attract its fair share of attention. The Morrison government has now released two drafts of the bill and, based on the response from a broad array of groups, appears no closer to finding the right balance.
- Australia: Religious Discrimination Bill – Hard cases make bad law
- How access to contraception works in Australia, and why we need to protect it
- Australia’s first trans-led legal service hit with wave of concern over religious discrimination bill
- Australia: Will religious organisations continue to receive exemptions to discriminate under the Religious Discrimination Act?
- Coronavirus: Policy brakes applied on religious freedom and anti-corruption body