Born out of the contentious debate over same-sex marriage, the religious discrimination bill was always going to attract its fair share of attention. The Morrison government has now released two drafts of the bill and, based on the response from a broad array of groups, appears no closer to finding the right balance.
- Australia’s first trans-led legal service hit with wave of concern over religious discrimination bill
- Australia: Will religious organisations continue to receive exemptions to discriminate under the Religious Discrimination Act?
- Coronavirus: Policy brakes applied on religious freedom and anti-corruption body
- COMMENT || Discrimination in the name of religion the aim of proposed law
- Inner West Council votes ‘no’ to Religious Discrimination Bill