Born out of the contentious debate over same-sex marriage, the religious discrimination bill was always going to attract its fair share of attention. The Morrison government has now released two drafts of the bill and, based on the response from a broad array of groups, appears no closer to finding the right balance.
- Liberal MP Warren Entsch blasts Religious Discrimination Bill
- Religious freedom advocacy groups must come clean, Michael Kirby says
- ‘Australians are very skeptical’: Michael Kirby warns against ‘excessive protection’ of religious freedoms
- ‘Right-wing backlash’: Church group to make religious freedom an election issue
- No law yet to ban religious schools from expelling LGBT students