Born out of the contentious debate over same-sex marriage, the religious discrimination bill was always going to attract its fair share of attention. The Morrison government has now released two drafts of the bill and, based on the response from a broad array of groups, appears no closer to finding the right balance.
- Politicians urged to stand against state anti-bias law
- ‘A right to be nasty’: Older Australians at risk under religious discrimination bill
- Do we really need religious freedom legislation?
- Proposed bill will enshrine religion’s right to discriminate
- Sporting bodies lash government’s proposed religious freedom bill